European Industry Association for Digital Assistive Technology
Who we are
DATEurope is the newly launched Digital Assistive Technology Industry Association for Europe.
The founding principles of DATEurope
Unite the industry to share information and best practice
Deliver activities to raise awareness of the benefits of DAT, such as:
- Presenting at regional, national and international events
- Engaging with end-user representation bodies
- Seek to reduce barriers to access DAT
- Proactive communications on the benefit of DAT
Lobby Governments to legislate for DAT, including:
- Funding and research
- Inclusion in planning
- Proactive not reactive consideration
Enable Industry networking opportunities
- Enabling international trade through events, forums and newsletters
- Facilitating connection of buyers, distributors, publishers and manufacturers
Foster emerging technologies and stimulate innovation
Create and promote a Code of Conduct to ensure ethical growth of the sector
DATEurope Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct is aimed at protecting the general interests, reputation and credibility of the Member Companies and the Association DATEurope in relation to public organisations, associations and public opinion.
Members of DATEurope will act at all times in such a manner as to justify public trust and confidence, to uphold the good standing and reputation of the Digital Assistive Technology industry, to serve the best interests of society, and above all, to safeguard the interests of individual customers.
Members will be honest and truthful in all their dealings with customers.
- The members agree to comply with all relevant legislation relating to advertising and marketing, the sale of goods, relevant Domestic Laws/European Directives/Regulations, consumer rights, disability rights, and data protection.
- Members should observe fair competition between other DAT companies and respect the interests and work of other members.
- Member Companies should provide an excellent standard of technical support and customer service that is carried out by knowledgeable and qualified staff.
- Members should provide accurate and transparent pricing of products and services, as well as providing General Conditions of Supply: such as delivery method and timescale, costs, terms, and duration of warranty etc.
- Where selling products, members will ensure that these are of satisfactory quality and fit for the purpose specified. Their selling techniques will be ethical, and they will deliver high standards of service.
- If members provide consultation activities and product demonstrations, they should be with the aim of helping users and professionals to identify a device/resource suitable to overcome specific physical and/or cognitive difficulties.